1) Prepare the night before
The day before your appointment, prepare the following documents:
- your RAMQ card;
- your signed prescription;
- your payment method, if you have not already provided the required information (check, credit card, money).
2) Verify if you have to fast
Typically, you must be fasting 12 hours before the blood test with no alcohol for 48 hours. Some tests may have other constraints (e.g. do not eat seafood 72 hours). All these constraints are clearly indicated on the doctor’s prescription and our team will confirm them with you when taking your appointment.
3) Verify if you have a urine test
If you have a urine test, do not urinate for 30 minutes before your appointment. Some urine tests have special instructions, if that’s the case, our team will provide you the information when taking your appointment.
4) Drink water
Even if you are fasting, it is advisable to drink water 30 minutes before the blood test( Up to 2 glasses of water 500 ml) .Drinking water facilitates blood flow and makes veins easier to find.
5) WHEN TAKING BLOOD – STAY CALM
6) Communicate with the professional
If you tend to feel weak, or you have difficult veins, tell our professional! They know what to do in those situations.